Latte is a type of coffee made with espresso and hot steamed milk. It’s quite similar but milkier than a cappuccino. It’s also one of the most popular coffee drinks in the world. Anyone who’s ever had a fine Latte knows what ‘craving for coffee’ means.
Everyone wishes they had something to allow them to prepare their latte instantly at home, instead of having to head out to cafés every time you crave one. Going to cafés and coffee shops can be time-consuming and expensive. That’s where these one-time investment latte machines come in handy.
There are hundreds of quality latte machines available on the market, and making a right choice can have you set for years, so here’s a list of some of the best latte machines.
Mr. Coffee is one of the most trustworthy brands in the business. This unit allows you to prepare delicious lattes in one simple touch. It holds the capacity of 24 ounces and will readily serve more than one drink at a time. The milk frother equipped with the machine is powerful and you can also use the unit to make hot chocolate.
Along with its features, the packaging also includes a recipe book with 20 latte and hot chocolate recipes. This machine is perfect for you if you have a low budget as it is one of the finest inexpensive latte machines at just around $70.
- Preparing a delicious latte is quick and easy with this coffee maker. The automated process will brew coffee or espresso while heating and frothing milk to create a mouth-watering latte
- The milk frother is powerful and produces excellent crema for the latte
- The device has been programmed to power off automatically once the drink is ready
- The device can also be used to prepare hot chocolate, by selecting the ‘heat and froth’ option
- You can be your own barista with the recipe book included in the package, which holds 20 latte and hot chocolate recipes
- It is inexpensive and great value for money
- The 24 ounce capacity is too small if you want to prepare more than two cups at a time
- The whisk is cheap plastic that will need replacing soon enough
This latte machine is fantastic value for money. It produces hot and tasty coffee in no time. The control panel is simple and you can also prepare hot chocolate with ease. It’s simple and attractive and will look great on your counter. Also, it’s remarkably easy to clean. The frother might need replacing after a while, however, but it is definitely worth the money.
The C111 is one of the finest coffee machines out there. This brewer from Nespresso features compact brewing unit technology and the company claims the preheating time to be as fast as 25 seconds. It has a 19-bar high pressure pump and includes an Aeroccino Plus milk frother, which allows rapid one-touch preparation of hot or cold milk froth for cappuccinos, latte and iced cappuccinos. You can be assured of quality with Nespresso, and this unit will fulfill all your latte cravings. It costs about $225, too.
- The preheating time of the machine is super fast at just around 25 seconds, and it features compact brewing unit technology for fast preparation of your coffee
- The coffee volume quantity is automatic and programmable for both Espresso and Lungo sizes
- The Aeroccino Plus milk frother produces foam and crema for your cappuccino, latte and iced cappuccinos
- It features a pivoting cup tray to accommodate tall recipe glasses
- The energy saving mode automatically powers off the machine after 9 minutes of inactivity. Do make sure you unplug the device after use
- The unit can only be used with Nespresso coffee capsules. It would have been easier if it could be used with other coffee capsules
- The machine is quite loud and the coffee does not come out very hot
Nespresso has lived up to its reputation of quality coffee makers with the Citiz C111. This unit is best for espresso, cappuccino and lattes because of its rapid one-touch preparation of hot or cold milk froth. The 34-ounce water tank might be enough for some while too small for others, so you will have to make up your own mind about that. It is quite expensive compared to the first product, but if you can spare the money, it’s worth every penny.
The Keurig Rivo is one of the most highly-rated products on the market and has a sharp, eye-catching look to it. It’s energy-saving and you can brew coffee as fast as under one minute. This well-engineered device allows you to brew espresso and froth milk at the same time on two sides. The unit also offers size options for your espresso, short being 1.4 oz. and lungo 2.8 oz. It’s priced reasonably and with the plenty of features, you are bound to get addicted to this latte machine. It costs about $170.
- This unit features an energy-saving mode and is equipped with an automatic on/off function
- The powerful frother used in the machine produces excellent crema for your latte
- It looks good on the eye and its convenient design allows you to brew espresso and froth milk side by side at the same time
- The machine has been programmed to allow options of three frothing modes: Cappuccino, Latte, and Cold Froth
- The milk reservoir looks great, but you can only froth a limited amount of milk at a time, as it tends to overflow when you fill the milk to its maximum line
- The plastic cup seems to be cheaply-made and there have been complaints about stress cracks occurring after a while
The Keurig Rivo Latte system is just the unit you’ve been searching for to produce top-quality lattes right at home. The machine has been designed well and is equipped with plenty of features to be able to boast itself as a fine coffee machine. The price is not that bad and should be considered reasonable considering all the free lattes you’ll get after this one-time investment.
All three products are superb in their own terms and serve the primary need – producing delicious lattes. Choosing just one might get tricky as each of the items differs with brand, design and its price tag.
However, after weighing in the pros and cons, my verdict goes to Mr. Coffee BVMC-EL1 Café Latte. It’s the least expensive product here and produces delicious latte. It’s a great product from one of the best-reputed brands in the business.
The Nespresso latte maker is another quality unit, however, the price is triple that of the Mr. Coffee unit. Nespresso does come with quality features and is a durable product. It’s a great buy if you can spare the budget.
The Keurig Rivo is a good product on its own and has been designed for milkier drinks like cappuccinos and lattes. It just falls tiny bit short when compared to the other options.